Sunday, April 22, 2012

Niluka reaches 48th place in BWF rankings

Niluka reaches 48th place in  

BWF rankings

 
Sri Lanka's number one badminton player, Niluka Karaunaratne has climbed to the 48th position in World rankings. The latest rankings were issued on Thursday. Karunaratne, placed 26th slot among the 38 badminton players already qualified for London Olympics, skipped the recently held Asian championships in order to keep himself fit for the pinnacle event.
"In Sri Lanka, there's no one to give me a tough match. Because of that, I decided to play international tournaments and came this far. As I won in many tournaments, McLerances Limited helped me a lot" "I believe at-least now, the badminton officials in Sri Lanka would give me a proper recognition, putting aside their personnel agendas" Karunaratne said. Karunaratne is planning for three months intense training prior to London Olympics.
(www.dailymirror.lk)

No comments: